Saturday, December 13, 2014

Friends? Hmm...

So as my experiences go on, I find myself often wondering. Maybe more these days than in the past, but this was something I often thought about even in my early years within IMVU, Secondlife, There, hell even World of Warcraft. I guess its something I can apply to any and every online world/community I have belonged to. Where do your loyalties stand? What I mostly mean is in friendships. I cant tell you how many years I have been floating around in these different worlds as I started it all at a young age. You know, back when the internet was still a fairly new place. The way it has evolved has been amazing too. Many different cultures all becoming more and more active. I will admit I am impressed.

Now what has been on my mind so many times. With loyalties and all that. I have met, well you know the average person you meet and within a few days or a week they claim to be your best friend. Even you yourself feel it maybe. Yet how close of a friend are they really? It can be hard to say cause a lot of the time I have noticed as long as you have something to offer them still, it seems like they are always there, always active with you, and seem to be loyal to you. The day comes that you have nothing new to offer them, well they become distant. Sometimes they find a "new" friend they get more involved with, while you seem to fade out. Why? Well it doesn't matter to that person what you feel, as they will tell you why. Go ahead, try and explain your feelings about something to them at that stage, and see what you get. Are they interested in how you feel? Or do they know better why it is you feel this way, and offer you a... well what seems like an only option, take it or leave it explanation? Are those friendship loyalties yet feeling more one sided now? Would you consider that a real, true friend?

Granted there are the very few you do meet. Bond with. Then, even long after the new and freshness of the friendship wears off, nothing changes. Those few people who you get to know, spill your guts to as they do the same and are still there. Sure sometimes you go through spells where you don't see them for a day, few days, even a week or so. But they are always there when you ask. When you need someone to talk to. I miss meeting those types of people and to me seems, those are very few these days. These days as in meaning, its been a good few years since I have met someone like that.

I sometimes wonder if I am searching for the wrong thing here on the internet. I dont know if in these new days what I seek is even out there anymore. Friendships. Those friendships that done require something in return. Just meeting, finding people who do actually care about how you feel, or what is on your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment